COVID 19 SAFETY MEASURES
Mid May 2020- we are happy to announce that we have enabled custom orders on our webshop again this week so customers can order individual items and pick exactly what goes into their boxes.
In order to avoid the spread of COVID-19 we are asking all customers to adhere to the following new safety measures on the farm.
VEG BOX COLLECTIONS ON THE FARM
Veg boxes must be ordered in advance. Customers cannot walk in to buy a box on spec. Orders must be placed on Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays for collection on TUESDAYS WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS ONLY. We cannot serve customers on a Friday or Saturday unfortunately.
VEG BOX DELIVERIES
We deliver veg boxes in Galway city on Thursdays- order deadline is Wednesday 8am.
We deliver boxes to Connemara ( An Spideal, Indreabhan, Bealadaingean, Bearna) on a Friday, order deadline is Wednesday 8am
We deliver veg boxes in Co. Clare ( certain routes only) on Wednesdays(on Thursday after a bank holiday) - order deadline is Tuesday 8am
We deliver veg boxes in Athlone and Ballinasloe on Tuesdays - order deadline is Monday 12 noon.
We are now delivering to North Dublin area on Tuesdays and Fridays and to the South Dublin area on Wednesdays and Saturdays with our farm van. We need orders two days before delivery. We charge €8.00 delivery charge for all Dublin deliveries.
You can buy a veg box online on our webshop here. If that isnt working for you, you can text an order to 089 2586490. If you are living outside of our Galway/Clare/Athlone delivery route we charge 8 euros for delivery. This service picks up on Monday evening, Tuesday, or Thursday and delivers Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday. DPD HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY DURING THE COVID 19 CRISIS AND NEXT DAY DELIVERY IS NOT GUARANTEED.; WARM WEATHER ALSO MAY AFFECT THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCE IN THE BOXES EN ROUTE.
To discuss any aspect of our veg boxes please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also phone 090 9646713 to discuss the above with our veg box manager Trish on Tuesdays, Wednesdays. and Thursdays.
Please bear with us as we adjust to the increase in demand for our veg boxes. We are very grateful for your business.
We supply only fully certified organic vegetables and fruit. We grow or source as much Irish produce as possible and also buy organic vegetables from Holland.
We have thirty acres of fully certified organic vegetables. We also grow 20 acres of green manures in fields that are resting.
Outside we grow: leeks, onion, beetroot, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celeriac, kale, lettuce, parsnips, salad leaves and turnips.
We have 16,000 sq feet of protected cropping for vegetables which need more heat to grow well.
Our protected cropping consists of 5 polytunnels with irrigation.
Under cover we grow: celery, courgette, cucumber, french beans, lettuce, salad leaves, scallions and tomatoes. Tomatoes, cucumber, french beans and courgette are harvested from late July to mid October.
We also purchase vegetables from other Irish Organic farmers and we import Organic fruit and vegetables from Holland.
Naturally, our range of products varies from season to season throughout the year.
From June to October we have Irish beetroot, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, courgette, cucumber, french beans, kale, parsnip, potato, pumpkin, tomato and turnip.
From November to March we harvest: cabbage, carrots, parsnip, and turnip; winter salads: brussels sprouts, kale, beetroot; and purple sprouting broccoli and celery.
The “hungry gap” is from March to May, when last years harvest is almost gone or has gone to seed and this years spring sowings are not big enough to eat. During this time we buy from other growers in Ireland and import from abroad so we have most veg and fruit all year around.
WE SELL IRISH AND IMPORTED DRIED WHOLEFOODS including Kilbeggan Organic oats, wholegrain brown rice and pumpkin seeds and other items in our veg box scheme/ home delivery boxes.
About Our Products
Naturally, our range of products varies throughout the year. With our polytunnels being warmer, we can enjoy a much wider variety of home-grown produce, thus relying less on imports.
We import what we cannot produce to give our customer a wider selection, we try to buy from as close to home as possible, usually inside the EU. However, we buy Bananas and Pineapples from such places as the Dominican Republic and Ghana all year around.
• Chemical fertilizer and pesticide free. (We use natural pelleted organic standard chicken manure, seaweed dust fertilizers, soil conditioners, epsom salts for magnesium, lime, and farm yard manure.)
• Reduced carbon emissions through a short distance from source to customer.
• We will reimburse you if you are not completely satisfied with your fruit and vegetables!
Certified organic by the Irish Organic Association
Bord Bia quality assurance certificate
Origin Green members
• Kinder to the environment, and kinder to you!
• More of the goodness, and less of the badness!
• Did you know our products are available from some Farmers’ Markets? While we don’t sell at markets ourselves any more, we supply market traders around Ireland when they dont have their own veg. Contact us to see if we supply a market near you.
Beechlawn Organic Farm is recognised as a producer of the best quality organic vegetables in Ireland, bringing healthy food to our customers , grown by our team in a sustainable way. We are happy in our work
- We grow our veg using only natural methods in Co. Galway. We also source organic veg from other Irish Growers and we import what we cannot buy here. We use nets to keep off pests and manure and seaweed soil feeds to fertilise the soil.
- We grow over 20 different crops on our farm and employ a staff of 20 people ( 2019)
- We try to use energy efficient and environmentally friendly methods of packing and distribution where possible.
- We supply supermarkets with pre packed barcoded vegetables and fruit, we also sell loose bulk veg to wholesalers, market traders, restaurants smaller shops and box scheme owners.
- Our office staff are very friendly and will always try to help when you phone, email or text us!
- We harvest our veg from 7.30 or 8am Monday to Friday but need the orders by 8am to get the harvest in on time so we can pack and compile orders for the next day. Our van delivers to Dublin Galway Clare and Limerick and a number of towns in between two days a week
- We send other orders around Ireland via a courier and a chilled pallet distribution company. We observe that our farm is a mini wildlife sanctuary so to support us for that reason alone is good for nature. Organic veg has been proven to be more nutritious in a study done in the UK in 2014 see this link: www.soilassociation.org/whatisorganic
- The veg we sell is also delicious, and most people notice a big difference in the taste. We hope you enjoy it too and welcome your valuable feedback.
OUR CORE VALUES, PRINCIPALS AND TARGETS
PRODUCING AND DISTRIBUTING GOOD QUALITY FOOD
SUSTAINABLE FARMING & LIVING
LOWERING OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
NEW SOLUTIONS TO PLASTIC PACKAGING
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY FARMING PRACTICES including ENCOURAGING BIODIVERSITY, WILDFLOWER/POLINATOR FRIENDLY COMPANION PLANTS AND VERGES.
CUSTOMER AND STAFF WELFARE
A HAPPY HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT